The pure beauty of pregnancy on Camera ….
Whether your a first time mummy-to-be or whether your expanding your family, your pregnant body is simply incredible as it changes with your little one/ones development, and no one week is the same from the next. Capturing your incredible pregnancy on camera will provide a lifetime of pleasure and memories.
Maternity Photoshoots With Emma Lowe
Hi, I’m Emma Lowe, a professional, full-time photographer based in Rugby, Warwickshire, specialising in Maternity and Newborn Photoshoots.
I create the most gorgeous portraits, capturing the beauty of your pregnancy, utilising my advanced studio lighting techniques and posing knowledge. You’ll quickly find that we’ll have fun on the shoot and you’ll be relaxed and projecting your confidence and beauty within no time.
My Maternity photography is timeless, with an elegant & natural style that transcends changes in fashion and culture. The results are simply breath-taking and I ensure you leave my studio with beautiful and graceful maternity photographs that you’ll adore for years to come..
Mummies-to-be and new mummies often mention how much they love my calm, warm and secure custom home studio, which allows for the focus to be on you and only you, without the hussle and pressures of a high-street studio to contend with.
Contact me to and book your Maternity & Newborn Photoshoots today.
My MAternity PhotoSHOOTS
Enjoy a lovely relaxing Maternity Photography session in the studio or location.
ABOUT YOUR Maternity Shoot
RElax WITH THE PROFESSIONAL ....
As a mother of 3 beautiful children I know how special Maternity Photography is to any mother and I love having the opportunity to capture the wonder of nature and the earliest moments of the life long magical bond you’ll share with your baby.
Pregnancy is beautiful and we can capture a whole array of different maternity photographs, from elegant black and white silhouettes, to side profiles, to loving partner and mummy embraces. Some of my mummies enjoy to show more bump in the flesh or partly bare their bump with some elegant lingerie or nighties and some prefer to simply be wearing a nice outfit, whatever your perfect shoot we can capture it in the privacy and warmth of my home studio in Rugby. To find out more please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Maternity Photography always give me so much pleasure, bringing back a host of memories having had three children myself. I find these sessions bring an element of excitement as you capture this amazing time in your life on camera.
Also please don’t be shy, any marks, hairs etc are completely normal in this wonderful development and we can either keep them or simply edit them away post shoot depending on your wishes. I have many mums who come to me telling me they’d love to have a maternity shoot only they feel their bodies marks and quirks aren’t going to produce wonderful photographs and they are all over the moon. We are all different and there is a style of Maternity shot that will capture your bum just how you want it.
When is the Best Time to Have a Maternity Photoshoot?
Month 6 - 8 | 24 -34 Weeks ...
The question of ‘when should I have my maternity photoshoot’, is a difficult one to answer as there are any hard or fast rules, it all about you and what stage or stages of your incredible pregnancy journey you wish to capture. All I can tell you is that most of my mummies-to-be tend have their photoshoot between 6-8 months, this is typically because your tummy has a nice volume and is well rounded showcasing the later stages of the pregnancy. Also you still feel semi-comfortable in the photoshoot. However, some mummies-to-be opt to have their photos taken early on to capture a cute mini-bump, capturing the earliest stages of your body changing, right through to some mummies-to-be opting to have a last minute shoot. If you really want to document your pregnancy journey you can have regular photos to create a storyline.
I would recommend you schedule and book your maternity photoshoot early into your pregnancy, even if you are planning to have the photos in the third trimester as life has a tendency to fly past and I’ve seen some of my mummies-to-be be caught out by early arrivals….
Different Styles OF Maternity Shoot
RElax WITH THE PROFESSIONAL ....
My Maternity Photography is taken at my home studio in Rugby, Warwickshire, in the private and cosy environment, where we can take our time and enjoy trying different poses and different outfits. I always find my mummies enjoy these magical shoots and the sessions are full of laughter and fun. Remember we also work at your pace, so if you need to sit down or have a little time out, please don’t hesitate to ask. Whether your bump is only just starting to show or your almost due contact me today for memories your cherish for a lifetime.
Different Maternity Photography Sessions available:
- ‘Bump Profile Session’ – this is where we take multiple photographs of your bump from multiple angles in either full colour or in black and white. I’ll position you and your hands to capture the perfect shot. This can include clothing or lingerie or simply be bare skin for the natural look. Typically these include close up mid section only to emphasis/focus on your bump as well as full height shots to capture mummy beaming smile and maternal body.
- ‘Bump Profile & Family Session’ – this is almost identical to the above ‘Profile’ session, only this time we include your partner or children. For example, on a close up bump profile we can carefully position your hands and your partners hands on your bump to showcase the love and affection you both have for your baby. Equally we can take similar photographs with your any other children touching your bump or even your other family members. And just like the above ‘Profile’ session, we can capture close up mid section shots as well as full height shots to capture the glowing smiles of the family.
- ‘Lingerie Bump Profile Session’ – lots of expecting mummies bring a variety of lingerie along to these sessions, because it simply allows for more skin to be shown which creates wonderful natural images. These typically are a simple cotton white or black pair of briefs and similar bra, or more elaborate bra and pants pieces designed to bring out the yummy mummy factor. Some mummies to be, will carefully rest their arm over a naked chest to protect their modesty and some prefer to show all. This is all quite standard for maternity sessions and its completely down to yourself as to how you’d like this images captured. Equally popular is the nightie photograph, this is normally a lace style nightie which allows for your bump to be exposed, whilst providing mummies to be a little cover whilst having that yummy mummy factor.
- ‘Lingerie Bump Profile & Partner Session’ – a lot of couples opt for a skin to skin images, showing the parents/partners in a loving embrace with your baby bump taking centre stage. To do this most male partners tend to whip their shirts off so present with their trousers/jeans as a very modern confident male look and some more confident don the Calvin Kleins and wear their jockey shorts. Remember you do not have to have a Mr Universe body to capture an incredible skin to skin loving baby bump and parents embrace. It’s all about you and your partners preference.
- ‘Dressed to Impress Bump Profile Session’ – if you’re anything like me, it seemed everytime I was pregnant with my three children there was a wedding or christening or special event, meaning I had an array of beautiful maternity dresses and outfits. I recommend you bring along any dresses of outfits for maternity jeans and white vest tops for that casual look right through to the most elegant dresses you have to muster. These maternity photography shoots are designed to have fun and be creative.
WHERE IS MY STUDIO?
My professional home studio, is based in Rugby, which can be easily accessed from:
- North East – Nuneaton / Hinckley
- North – Lutterworth / Leicester
- North West – Market Harborough
- West – Crick
- South West – Northampton
- South – Southam / Daventry
- South East – Leamington
- East – Coventry / Bedworth
Please check Google Maps before travelling for exact directions and for quicker routes. SatNav postcode CV22 7UQ or use what three words https://w3w.co/disbelief.duplicity.decking
I’d be delighted to hear from you and learn more about your requirements.
If you’d like we can either chat over the phone, or we have a video conference with an easy to use Google Meet, or should you wish a face to face consultation.
To get started please fill out the form below or call me on 07703 290947