As a mother of 3 beautiful children I know how special Maternity Photography is to any mother and I love having the opportunity to capture the wonder of nature and the earliest moments of the life long magical bond you’ll share with your baby.
Pregnancy is beautiful and we can capture a whole array of different maternity photographs, from elegant black and white silhouettes, to side profiles, to loving partner and mummy embraces. Some of my mummies enjoys to bare their bum in the flesh or partly bare their bum with some elegant lingerie or nighties and some prefer to simply be wearing a nice outfit, whatever your perfect shoot we can capture it in the privacy and warmth of my home studio in Rugby. To find out more please don’t hesitate to ‘Contact Me’ and for my ‘Prices’ click here.
Maternity Photography always give me so much pleasure, bringing back a host of memories having had three children myself. I find these sessions bring an element of excitement as you capture this amazing time in your life on camera.
Also please don’t be shy, any marks, hairs etc are completely normal in this wonderful development and we can either keep them or simply edit them away post shoot depending on your wishes. I have many mums who come to me telling me they’d love to have a maternity shoot only they feel their bodies marks and quirks aren’t going to produce wonderful photographs and they are all over the moon. We are all different and there is a style of Maternity shot that will capture your bum just how you want it. For more information please contact me.
Local Professional Maternity Photographer in Rugby
My Maternity Photography is taken at my home studio in Rugby, Warwickshire, in the private and cosy environment, where we can take our time and enjoy trying different poses and different outfits. I always find my mummies enjoy these magical shoots and the sessions are full of laughter and fun. Remember we also work at your pace, so if you need to sit down or have a little time out, please don’t hesitate to ask. Whether your bum is only just starting to show or your almost due contact me today for memories your cherish for a lifetime.
Different Maternity Photography Sessions available:
- ‘Bump Profile Session’ – this is where we take multiple photographs of your bump from multiple angles in either full colour or in black and white. I’ll position you and your hands to capture the perfect shot. This can include clothing or lingerie or simply be bare skin for the natural look. Typically these include close up mid section only to emphasis/focus on your bump as well as full height shots to capture mummy beaming smile and maternal body.
- ‘Bump Profile & Family Session’ – this is almost identical to the above ‘Profile’ session, only this time we include your partner or children. For example, on a close up bump profile we can carefully position your hands and your partners hands on your bump to showcase the love and affection you both have for your baby. Equally we can take similar photographs with your any other children touching your bump or even your other family members. And just like the above ‘Profile’ session, we can capture close up mid section shots as well as full height shots to capture the glowing smiles of the family.
- ‘Lingerie Bump Profile Session’ – lots of expecting mummies bring a variety of lingerie along to these sessions, because it simply allows for more skin to be shown which creates wonderful natural images. These typically are a simple cotton white or black pair of briefs and similar bra, or more elaborate bra and pants pieces designed to bring out the yummy mummy factor. Some mummies to be, will carefully rest their arm over a naked chest to protect their modesty and some prefer to show all. This is all quite standard for maternity sessions and its completely down to yourself as to how you’d like this images captured. Equally popular is the nightie photograph, this is normally a lace style nightie which allows for your bump to be exposed, whilst providing mummies to be a little cover whilst having that yummy mummy factor.
- ‘Lingerie Bump Profile & Partner Session’ – a lot of couples opt for a skin to skin images, showing the parents/partners in a loving embrace with your baby bump taking centre stage. To do this most male partners tend to whip their shirts off so present with their trousers/jeans as a very modern confident male look and some more confident don the Calvin Kleins and wear their jockey shorts. Remember you do not have to have a Mr Universe body to capture an incredible skin to skin loving baby bump and parents embrace. It’s all about you and your partners preference.
- ‘Dressed to Impress Bump Profile Session’ – if you’re anything like me, it seemed everytime I was pregnant with my three children there was a wedding or christening or special event, meaning I had an array of beautiful maternity dresses and outfits. I recommend you bring along any dresses of outfits for maternity jeans and white vest tops for that casual look right through to the most elegant dresses you have to muster. These maternity photography shoots are designed to have fun and be creative.
‘Capture the Journey’ – Maternity Photography Package
Have you ever considered capturing your pregnancy journey through to the birth of your beautiful baby? I can offer you a series of photography sessions designed to capture the same photograph from 3 months through to 9 months and then a capture your baby held lovingly against your breast. These can be split across month 3, month 5, month 7 and month 9, with a final session after birth. This allows you to enjoy looking back at the development of your pregnancy all the way through to the special arrival day. For more information please contact me.
If you have something particular in mind please don’t hesitate to contact me. A lot of customers bring their partners or a family friend, so we can do a host of photographs from close up baby bump photos, to partners embracing, to proud family & friends.
If you have children already, please bring them along with you, we can capture some adorable photographs to show your newborn later in life of their sibling cuddling them against your bump.
Ask me questions
The studio environment is private, so if you wish to baring your body & bump then you can do in comfort and warmth.
Please bring any lingerie or nighties you wish to wear to emphasis your bump.
If you do bring your partner then they may also wish to wear boxers or have their shirt off, but this is all optional.
Remember the photographs with full clothes are equally amazing, so don’t feel you have to bare all.
I know when I was pregnant (3 times) I went through phases of body confidence shifts, so again please don’t worry we can ‘if you want’ edit those little quirks out later.
I’m based in Rugby, Warwickshire, although I’m more than happy to travel all over the country whether that is to a venue or location shoot. Please don’t hesitate to speak to me about coming to you.
More often than not you’ll be so blown away with your photographs that you’ll want to buy them all. With this in mind a lot of my customers like to spread the costs with our monthly payment plan. Please don’t hesitate to speak to me about options.
I’m very fortunate to have a Home Professional Studio, which adds to the sense of comfort and ease for my customers, taking away the clinical and stark Commercial studio effect, especially for younger children and newborns.